Free Premium for Individuals?

I am a student, and so don’t have much money. I’ve been using CodeCombat to keep my programming skills sharp, but now that I’ve completed all the free levels, I think I may have to look for another service. I started using CodeCombat with a class 4 or 5 years ago, but none of my current teachers use it.

Hi @JustinB, welcome back to the forum.
I’m afraid as far as I’m aware free premium isn’t available for individuals at the moment, are you asking about it because it’s free for teachers? (I think I heard that it was)
Personally, although I have very much enjoyed my premium, I don’t think it’s worth it to get it if you’ve already finished the free levels. If you’ve understood the concepts then there’s not that much to learn.
The items and heroes are fun though…
As I’m not a staff member then I’m not 100% sure about this, you could always email support@codecombat.com
Danny

I think that $100 for an online open-source educational game is a bit much(I know the monthly rate is less, but it ends up costing as mich as a lifetime subscription in under a year), and I don’t have a job at the moment. I am asking because of the free educational accounts.

Well, personally I think it’s pretty cool that CodeCombat can provide all the free levels, free. That’s a lot of work, and most people don’t get premium so it needs to be quite expensive to support the people who are using free accounts…

that is true and it would not be fun for me if it didn’t have free levels and items because i wouldn’t be able to play it

Hello and welcome to codecombat discourse, @Cion2! This is a cozy forum where you can share ideas, share fan art, get assistance for code, etc! Before you proceed, we hope that you review this topic, which shows all essentials of this board! Thanks!

Can you please not revive topics? Thanks, and have a good time on the forum!