Signal Corpse Help Needed

Hello,

So I need some help on the level “Signal Corpse”. Here is my code but, I don’t think it’s the problem.
I’m able to defeat all of the ogres except for the two large ones. It seems that I need many hits to kill them yet they only need about 4 to kill me, making it impossible to win. Any help?

while True:
    green = hero.findFlag("green")
    black = hero.findFlag("black")
    nearest = hero.findNearestEnemy()

if green:
        hero.pickUpFlag(green)
    elif black and hero.isReady("cleave"):
        hero.pickUpFlag(black)
        hero.cleave(nearest)

elif nearest and hero.distanceTo(nearest) < 10:
        hero.attack(nearest)

pass
2 Likes

Hi, jackattack825!

Thank you for formatting part of your code correctly. Could you include the rest in the code section of your post?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I can’t seem to reformat it correctly. I have tried surrounding it in triple backticks like this:

"```python"
But it isn’t working. By the way just imagine that below the “while True” the parts about the flag are indented in once.

1 Like

@nick @Bryukh

Somebody help please

1 Like

Code looks good; sounds like you just need more armor to do the level, since you can’t take on medium ogres yet. If you pick up a good breastplate, shield, or helmet to get more hit points, you may have more luck.

3 Likes

I agree with Nick. To be sure, could you post your equipment list? You can share it as a screenshot - it will be enough. That way we can check it.

Or use a direct message (or slack) here to send your email which you are using for CodeCombat account.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I figured it out. I thought that in the equipment menu it is required to have a premium account to use the items that cost gems. I also didn’t realize I had gems.

2 Likes

You have two conditional statements involving a green flag and none for the black flag. The central idea of this level is to have your hero do two different things depending upon which flag you use. The instructions are in the comments.

1 Like

this is your code:

if green:
   hero.pickUpFlag(black)

It’s null because when you place a green flag, there is no black flag.

1 Like

how could we use gems to buy equipment with gem. i got some from the first part but then i don’t know, i think i forgot how to buy them.I tried like a hundred times.

Hi ishan_ubuntu,

Welcome to discourse!

You can buy items by going to the items store on the map page - which looks like this:

In the future, it’s a bit easier if you start a new topic for a question like this, rather than adding to a conversation that’s on something else!

I know what to do but i don’t have enough gems

How many gems do you have?

Andrei

10 but i just got the tarnished copper ring

so that might help my health

i already tried bonus lvl’s

Did you try replayabe levels?

Andrei

yes! thank you for the idea i did it and it worked :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.