[Survey] Where did you hear about codecombat?

Hello everyone,
I want to get some answers about how you found codecombat, whether you heard it from a friend, found it at HOC code.org, or somewhere else.
Thanks!

17 Likes

I’ve been bouncing around trying a few online courses. While reading an article on the top online coding programs, I ran across a comments post mentioning CodeCombat. While it wasn’t on the article list, he preferred it over many of those on the list gave a brief description. I chased it down and here I am.

9 Likes

My mum found it for me and my brother.
:lion: :lion: :lion:

9 Likes

found it at HOC code.org

I started playing CodeCombat when my third grade teacher, Mr. K, told me to play it for freetime. I found it a lot of fun and eventually started playing more. After playing for awhile, I found the CodeCombat Discourse. It’s been really fun so far. :grinning::grinning::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

It was part of our coding assignments for computer class.

6 Likes

same here back in 5th and 6th grade

5 Likes

The short answer is, word of mouth. I had been teaching my daughter and her class at school coding using code.org and scratch.mit.edu since the first grade. They were now in the third grade and doing very well so I was looking for a way to transition from using blocks of code to actually writing syntax. Code.org and Scratch are good for teaching structure and terminology without getting bogged down in syntax, but it was time to transition. I was at a nerd convention - yes, it was really called the, Space Coast Nerd Fest - and talking to a guy from a local Makerspace about it and he suggested CodeCombat.

6 Likes

I was really looking for a good coding game, so I found Codecombat, which turned out to be a pretty nice game…

9 Likes

Talk Python To Me podcast, Episode #203 I believe. I am enjoying Code combat so far greatly.

8 Likes

Don’t exactly remember, but I believe that I just stumbled upon it.

6 Likes

A random kid was talking about it too loud on the streets, so I decided to check it out.

9 Likes

LOL, I found CodeCombat when i read an article about the best coding games and CodeCombat was 6th, Even though it was 6th i went to it straight away because who doesn’t like CodeCombat? (and killing munchkins)

4 Likes

Wow, that’s… Scary…

WOW! That’s a pretty interesting way to find out about Coco. :slight_smile:

It seems like code.org is a pretty popular website. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

For the first time I’ve read about codecombat on the site https://habr.com/en/top/ . It’s one of the biggest site about IT and many connected topics like technologies and science in russian language. There was topic about learnin’ coding with links to different gamification-education projects. CoCo was among them)

8 Likes

Just learned about it

5 Likes

In 2013, My parents were teaching a robotics slash coding class. My dad was getting his lessons together and he stumbled onto CodeCombat through Code.org. I started and fell in love with it. In 2015, I joined the forum while still completing the levels. I haven’t been on as much because school takes up a lot of time.

5 Likes

I typed on google learn to code with a game and eventually got there :wink:

8 Likes

My School Teacher introduced me to this platform for coding

5 Likes

One of my friends in my Social Studies class told me about it because he knew I loved code and he introduced me to CodeCombat and I have been playing it ever since.

4 Likes

I actually found it by accident.

4 Likes