[Survey] Where did you hear about codecombat?

Wow, cool! Just on Google or Safari? (Whichever one you use.)

3 Likes

Code.org was the way I found out about it

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to start coding, I donā€™t really learn the best in a school environment so in my searching google i stumbled upon CodeCombat and Iā€™m glad I did

7 Likes

I do a coding class in my city they offer code combat for java but I go rogue and do more python as well :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

my school teacher introduced it to me, now I love it

6 Likes

i actually found CodeCombat from the sample of it on Brainpop

https://www.brainpop.com/games/codecombatogreencounter/?topic_id=

4 Likes

i was searching on chrome and i typed in coding games and then i found CoCo

4 Likes

I have a coding class in school that assigns us code combat

4 Likes

I found it on Code.org Did you know you can play game development 1 on code.org subscriber or not

4 Likes

School, Canvas, Hour of Code.

3 Likes

I found it on code.org

3 Likes

My employer, HP, was calling for volunteers to assist with the ā€œhour of codeā€ project. I found it via HOC code.org.

7 Likes

Found it on google when looking for coding sites.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been deeply researching and taking online tutorials, quizzes and courses to develop my HTML and CSS knowledge, and wanted to dip my toe in the JavaScript pool, I did about 200 different searches over 4-5 evenings and would almost quit within the first 5-10 minutes with any videos and endless pages of hard-to-start-from-scratch-to-even-get-a-clue referencesā€¦ which is totally unlike me. So, I realized I needed to modify my searches for interactive-type learning - that way I could just act on it and not see an empty ocean of overwhelming info to parse.

Another 2-3 evenings of searching and tryingā€¦and voila! There you were! I certainly wish it had popped up higher in the listings, so I didnā€™t lose all that time, but, Iā€™m so grateful to have found it! Excellent tool - way to go, all!

5 Likes

I heard about CodeCombat from my Computer Science teacher. Since I had been coding for a couple years, he thought it would be fun for me to use my experience to turn code into an RPG game. Iā€™ve subbed, and I love it. :grin:

5 Likes

In my ear-drums, in my ears, on my face, on my head, attached to my body, on a chair, in a computing classroom, in the morning, while drinking some orange juice.

4 Likes

FAT teach recommended it

3 Likes

I heard about it from my computing teacher, and I loved it instantly.

4 Likes

code.org for sure. I did the HOC when I was bored

5 Likes