Thanks a lot to the creator of Yak Rampage!

okay good luck @Anonym

Thanks @milton.jinich!

@milton.jinich, how did you get 3000 health?My hero died on 4ā€™th stage with max armor. :scream:

2 Likes

use tarnished copper band

Iā€™ll PM you to help you

What is PM?And what is copper band?Even though Iā€™m three years here i dont know.

3 Likes

PM is privite message.

4 Likes

Thanks, @PeterPalov! Now I know what is that!

2 Likes

OMG this is awesome!

I disagree. I feel it was extremely tedious and even using the flags, it was 90% luck and 10% skill. It would have been more enjoyable if it had more options to use learning from prior levels to complete it without flags. But apparently you need to be pretty well versed in coding already to consider that option.

" huge tedious waste of time. It was 90% luck and 10% skill. "
I tend to agree using flags is total waste of time. For me introduction of flags is one of the biggest flaws of CoCo - they make you lesser coder. But no one is forcing to implement them, i have no one level passed with them including this.

I tried for hours to write code to automatically move and dodge the yaks and failed every time. Unfortunately, Iā€™m still learning so I only know what Iā€™ve learned to that point and still couldnā€™t get anything to work. I searched for ideas, but all I find is ā€œuse flags.ā€ When I finally beat it, I looked at other codes and all I found was finding flags. Iā€™d love to have done it another way.

I would say thatā€™s a bit harsh. I think it was a very fun level for most people. And using flags like that is quite difficult, especially if you want to try and take 0 damage. You donā€™t have to complete this level to continue with the campaign, and it provides a fun extra level for people who like that kind of stuff.
I did it without flags, because I personally thought that would be more fun.
If you go to the scores page, then damage taken all time, you can watch my attempt and take a look at my code. Iā€™m no. 19 on the leaderboard.
Danny

5 Likes

Fully agree, also we got really nice armor from this level.(that was before this year)

3 Likes

OMG - i really cannot find another user in the leader board with no flag code! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

I edited my post to be a little less abrasive, but still stand by my opinion. I checked out your code and it was impressive, but well out of the range of what the game has taught prior to this level. I realize it could have been skipped, but I was using the pointer arrow as a guide of what to do next, but since I started Yak Rampage, it never left that flag, so it kind of added to my frustration. Thanks for sharing, though!

This level is 100% optional. You donā€™t have to solve this level to go further into the campaign. Itā€™s just a small challenge level if youā€™re short on gems. If you donā€™t like the level, this is one of those levels that you are completely free to skip and it wonā€™t prevent you from going further into the campaign. (Such as the next world) This level is not intended to teach any concepts, itā€™s just a challenge level that originally unlocked powerful armor.

2 Likes

You canā€™t unlock the armour anymore can you?

nope expired january first of 2021

True. Hereā€™s a good plan: why not skip it now, make your way through to the glacier where you learn Vectors() and stuff, and then come back and try it without flags?

3 Likes