Topic for polls and surveys... 3

Ok, I can see why you could put a u in color but flavor doesn’t make any sense. It literally has an or sound not an ur sound

Lol.
https://www.amazon.com/Outside-Graphics-Werent-Great-T-Shirt/dp/B07977L38P

3 Likes

Well it’s quite spiffing to know what others think, still, don’t you agree? Wot wot

Please allow me to fetch my spectacles…
:face_with_monocle: :point_up: Ackshually in Britain, where we spell it as ‘flavour’, we pronounce it “flay-vuh”

4 Likes

We really need a skull reaction

1 Like

Ackshually???

Don’t you start :skull:

1 Like

The version of ‘actually’ used when someone is making a “nerd comment”. Used to emulate the lisp suggested by the prominent front incisors on the nerd_face emoji.

1 Like

Well my good fellow, “Ackshually” is a misspelling of “actually” used mostly online and meant to be ironic or sarcastic.

Here’s a breakdown of its meaning:

• Literally: It’s a deliberate misspelling of “actually.”
  • Functionally: It conveys that the speaker is about to correct someone in a smug or condescending way.

It’s often used to mock someone who seems to think they’ve discovered something new or important, but it’s actually common knowledge.

For example:

• Person 1: “Wow, I didn’t know the Earth goes around the sun!”
  • Person 2: “Ackshually, that’s been common knowledge for centuries.”
    My good fellow, I hope that this cleared up any misconceptions that you may of had.
3 Likes

Should Admins add a skull reaction?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

Maybe we can convince them with a poll :grinning:

1 Like

This is better, disregard my comment lol

1 Like

Bro I just realized that nalfar and moonwatcher haven’t been active for like a while. They’re gonna have to go through a treasure trove of information to catch up on what’s been going on. :skull:

2 Likes

Well much of it has been deleted so they’re gonna have some trouble

1 Like

Hasn’t moonwatcher left indefinitely now?

I hope not
Thou was very nice

He has?

20 chars

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN “1000 NOTIFICATIONS FROM THE RELIGION TOPIC”? IT DOESN’T EXIST!!!”

(hmmm incomplete sentence momen-

4 Likes

Sorry I just have to close that bracket so that not everything I say in the future is an aside )

1 Like

Both passages on “ackshually” can be equally effective depending on the context and desired tone:

Passage 1 (Lukas):

• Strengths: More broadly applicable. Explains the core meaning (sarcastic correction) and underlying purpose (mocking someone).
  • Weaknesses: Less specific. Doesn’t mention the “nerd” stereotype or pronunciation aspect.

Passage 2 (Toast):

• Strengths: Targets a specific internet subculture (“nerd comments”). Provides a visual reference (nerd emoji) and pronunciation insight (lisp).
  • Weaknesses: Less broadly applicable. Doesn’t explain the general use for sarcastic corrections outside the “nerd” context.

How they can be equally effective:

1. Audience: If your audience is familiar with internet memes and the “nerd” stereotype, passage 2 might be more relatable and humorous. If explaining “ackshually” in a broader context, passage 1 would be more suitable.
  2. Desired Tone: Passage 1’s lighthearted tone might be better for casual conversation. Passage 2 can be effective if you want to emphasize the specific “nerd” association and pronunciation.

In conclusion, both passages can be effective depending on the target audience and desired tone. Passage 1 offers a broader explanation, while passage 2 caters to a specific internet subculture. The best choice depends on the specific situation.

Alrighty enough Mr. Nerd Birb

1 Like