Play Home Contribute Github Join Us! Discourse Staff Members Github Contribution Guides Team

Unlocking a sword in the campaign

Can anyone tell me or link me to documentation on how the sword is unlocked? I’m unable to find any information on how this is done. Just to be clear, in the regular campaign the first few levels are done without weapons and somewhere around the 4th level or so the sword is unlocked–how do I do this with a campaign that I’m building?

Thanks,
B

To unlock the first sword you have to go through the campaign until you reach the level “shadow-guard” (the 3rd level in the free to play campaign). When you complete the level you get the sword automatically.

Thanks for your response and I understand that. I’m creating my own campaign and would like to know how to reward a sword for completing a level.

Thanks

Hi @billmw,
Unfortunately, only artisans and admins can reward a sword. This is to prevent abuse of the achievement system as you can potentially reward yourself all items and an abundant supply of gems.

Thank you for your response. I’m building my own campaign. I’m an admin. I don’t know how to reward a sword and I can’t find documentation on how to do so. Could you please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Hi Bill, sorry for the misunderstanding.
First, you have to access your own campaign editor: direct.codecombat.com/editor/campaign/campaign-name
When the editor is loaded, there should be a list of levels on the left, scroll down and click the :heavy_plus_sign: button. There should be a dropdown menu allowing you to select the level. (In this case, you’ll select your own level.)
Once you’ve selected your level, there should be another plus sign that allows you to add rewards, There are four options. Achievement, hero, item, level. In this case, you’ll select the
“rewards” and add the sword. If you are satisfied with the changes, please click the down arrow at the top right corner and click save. (Must be logged in as an admin to do this. )
If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. :slight_smile: