Updated instructions for Diplomats

Hello, I find your project very exciting and would like to help with the translations into Czech.

However, all the instructions for Diplomats I could find are rather outdated and somewhat contradictory. Are translations still needed? If so,

1. Where to do the game translations? Through https://direct.codecombat.com/i18n?

2. When I test the game and see a bit which is not translated, how can I find the corresponding bit in the i18n tool? It seems virtually impossible if this does not concern the whole item but perhaps something composed of smaller pieces, e.g when I open the description of the method ‘hero.moveDown()’ I see in the description ‘Poskytnuté od Simple Boots’. This is weird cause checking Simple Boots I see that these have been already completely translated.

3. Is there any prioritization of things to translate? Perhaps moving from simple levels to more complicated, items and concepts encountered sooner in the game, etc.

4. When I update a translation of an already accepted translation the tool says ‘pending’. What does this mean and for how long will it be pending?

Thanks a lot

Hi @PomalyMuminek, welcome to the CodeCombat discourse! :tada:
As far as I know, for doing translations you should go to:

Then click on the type of thing you need to translate, let’s say it was a goal for a level:

1. click on the level bit:
    Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 13.08.56
  2. search the level you want, in this case it’s Backwoods Fork, then click on it:
  3. Go to the settings bar at the top of the page and find what you want to change:
  4. click on the plus sign and add a translation!
  5. When you’re done press this button to submit a patch: Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 13.16.04

They may not accept it for a long time, I’m not sure what the current situation concerning development on CodeCombat is. But anyway, we would greatly appreciate it if you could do some translations.
If you want to change a comment in a level, you have to double click on the hero in the thangs section, go to programming.Programmable, then programmableMethods, then Plan, then i18n and then press the + again to make a translation.
@Chaboi_3000 do you have anything to add to this?
Thanks
Danny

1 Like

Thanks Deadpool198.

What seems to work for me is to check the Level components in the edit page you suggest and then use the i18n page to do the translation. Makes sense?

A follow up question to the i18n tool:

• when I translate and and submit a never-translated item, it is directly accepted and I can immediately see the new translation in the direct version of the game.
  • however, when I update and submit an already translated item (either outdated or simply horrible google-like translation), it goes into pending and the game does not reflect the changes. When are these taken on board in the game?

They have to be confirmed by an admin/developer, so I’m not sure when they will be accepted. You could email team@codecombat.com after waiting for a month or so, if they’re still not accepted.
Danny