Which should I get, Illia Shieldsmith, or Okar Stompfoot?

ok (20 cheetos that are yum yum)

good night @Chaboi_3000 @Eric_Tang @Lydia_Song @Code_Master @Speedypickle1 :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

2 Likes

All three I meant.
I did all three of those levels.

Strange. Iā€™ll report this. Thanks.

You can unlock them forever? I never knew that?! I thought it was just when your subscription is.
Lydia

Good night. :sleeping:
It is only 8 pm in my time zone.
Lydia

The original intent was if you completed the 3 levels, youā€™d get them forever. :thinking:

1 Like

Looks like your equipment is top notch except you can get better armor. You might also want to buy the Sparkbomb, or the bomb that can shoot multiple at a time. (I forgot what it is called but it is a bomb that has a skull sign on it)
For Nariaā€™s envenom, you would just do if hero.isReady(ā€œenvenomā€): then cast envenom, and attack.
Lydia

Can you send a link to all those levels to make sure that Iā€™ve completed them . . . Iā€™m pretty sure I did but I still want to check.
Lydia

The Second Kithmaze, Favorable Odds, and Kithgard Librarian

Are those in dungeon or forest?
Lydia

All in the dungeon. I marked them with arrows.

1 Like

Yep! Done them all!

Iā€™m currently not a sub.
Lydia

You do have to still be subscribed to use those three subscriber-unlocked heroes.

3 Likes

I think all heroes should be free in the multiplayer arenas - only their equipment should be earned playing normal levels. This will attract more good coders to the game. In addition, a free subscription can be provided in a certain period of time to the most prominent coder by admins evaluation.

1 Like

Sounds good from gamerā€™s point of view) But Iā€™m afraid CodeCombat wouldnā€™t get any financial profit from this.

1 Like

Thank you @nick for clarifying.

Lydia

Iā€™m against providing free limited in duration subscription. Buying a few expensive and unbalanced characters with which you do not need to program to reach the end of the desert creates unreasonable self-esteem in some and they will only blackmail their parents for a subscription.

2 Likes

Note that all heroes are designed around the free heroes ā€“ So itā€™s possible to beat the whole CoCo campaign without having to pay a single dollar. Itā€™s rather just that you get more ā€œutilityā€ by having a subscription. So it really isnā€™t harmful to have heroes locked behind subscriptions. Also in the perspective of monetizing ā€“ CoCo probably will lose some profit if they allow free ā€œpaidā€ heroes in multiplayers. That means less people will be able to learn to code :pensive:

Another note ā€“ Iā€™m wondering why CodeCombat removed ā€œlevel completionā€ requirements in order to purchase heroes, as well as making Hattori, Amara, and Hushbaum not purchasable with gems(They used to cost 1100, 600, 600). @nick would you like to follow up on the reason behind these changse?