@nick and I came up with a series of changes that we’re thinking of implementing on the arena ladders to improve quality of gameplay for both subscribers and non-subscribers. We’d love your thoughts and feedback on the following changes:
Reduce control-disabling effects on heroes (no effect on minions)
- Greatly reduced duration of fear, tornado, paralyze, and confuse against heroes
- Blue fox and decoy don’t work on heroes
- Invisibility and hide don’t work on heroes with twilight glasses
- Stomp and hurl don’t throw heroes as high
This should reset the balance away from control-disabling strategies that are frustrating to play against.
New skill-based arenas
- Introduce more new arenas that are generally available that don’t depend on hero gear/equipment, so that everyone’s on a level playing field
- These arenas will be like Zero Sum and Ace of Coders, but available from the beginning of the game, and much easier to get started with
These changes should make arenas more “fair” for both subscribers and non-subscribers, and will make the arena levels focus on strategy rather than equipment.