Does Code Combat teach Cyber Security

While I am aware that Code combat teaches Computer Science principals and Programing, both of which form a solid base for starting to learn Cyber Security, I am curious if Code Combat does, or will ever, teach Cyber Security.

I love the in game learning platform, and probably spend more time playing educational games than studying for my functional skills…

I would love to see a Cyber security course on Code Combat that is both gamified and teaches compTIA A+, penTesting, EH, Cybsec and networking concepcts.

This type of learning platform is so useful to neuro-diverse, adults like myself, with unique learning methods.

I do not see why the company shouldn’t expand their course offerings to other subject areas related to the various fields of computing.

//Gamified course on AI design and machine learning ?

1 Like

at this point no codecombat does not have cyber security and although it would be cool i don’t think it ever will because codecombats way of gamification would not work well for cyber security

1 Like

The picoctf world (if you don’t what it is just look it up it’s somewhere in the forums) would be perfect for teaching cybersecurity. The theme just fits right in I feel.

1 Like

Do you mean ozaria that’s the only other curriculum codecombat makes unless you count the Roblox gam

1 Like

Long story short it’s kind of just a secret world or smth for the code combat campaign.

Link: CodeCombat - Coding games to learn Python and JavaScript

3 Likes

I think it was just a proto type of ozaria which is basically codecombat but you can’t hit things with swords which is lame

1 Like

I stumbled onto the first level looking through the level editor levels and I thought it was just some random player-created level. :laughing:

2 Likes

same :laughing:

1 Like

picoCTF is Carnegie Mellon University’s really famous cybersecurity contest. I assume CoCo was trying to do some sort of partnership with them to integrate CTF-like content in the game, but it was never finished.

In the later stages of the game(Mountain & Glacier), there are some levels that cover basic cryptography, etc. More levels like that are expected to be released sometime, too. :+1:

4 Likes