“Equinox" bugs and feedback

Changes will take time to be implemented, you can use the direct version of CodeCombat to view the changes immediately

2 Likes

The error Statement execution limit reached indicates that you have exceeded the allowed amount of statements per arena match,
a statement is a thing that you wanted the computer to do, for example assigning a variable, that counts as one statement
The allowed limits for statement executions is 3 million statements if I’m not wrong, after that your code stops executing and that error will get fired.
To get around this error, you can try to see which part of your code can be done in less statements.

2 Likes

You could create a function on your own that does that very thing and call that whenever you need it, I don’t think creating a predefined function for that is a necessary thing.

1 Like

Hmmmm, that should not have happened, are you still getting this error? If yes can you provide a match spectate link of it?

1 Like

When I use the direct version of CodeCombat, it shows that I have lost battles I have won. I checked the spectate and battle options and both show that I won those battles.

1 Like

I am still getting it when testing code locally, even on direct.codecombat.com. It works okay with isFrozen but complains about “TypeError: Can’t read protected property: isParalyzed.”

Unfortunately after I posted this I overwrote my submitted version with one that had the isParalyzed check commented out, so I don’t have a spectate link.

1 Like

alright, should be fixed,
I made a typo somehow :sweat:

1 Like

My best guess is that the simulation is still using the version before the update rolled out, however spectating in direct codecombat uses the latest version, it should update correctly after some time.

2 Likes

I experienced the same issue in a while loop. I suspect that the loop runs so fast that the codes within run many times in a short period. I fixed it by adding some code to SLOW down the loop.

i am saying that because of the statment exicution limit this could pose a problem

I think the instructions need to clarify how the abilities are used. Right now it’s not shown how to target the abilities that need to target a unit. Do we provide the unit object as the argument?

Related, not sure if I’m using it wrong by trying to call “hero.ability(“freeze”, unit)”, but it does not seem to have any effect.

1 Like

It is only findNearestEnemy() of build.(“tower-type”,“anywhere”)

Good point,
The freeze uses the same effect icon as the ice tower and it’s effect is quite low that its not really noticeable, changed it in the patch notes.

For documentation, the plan is to focus on balance for now and until 15th April, after that balance changes will not be done anymore(except if its very serious and necessary), then we will focus on doing the documentation since things are “set in stone” then.

For the statement execution limit, currently the deltaTime(delay between) for each while loop for the hero(i think) is 0.1 seconds, for now the things i recommend doing is not doing the same thing every frame/iteration of each while loop since not a lot of things will change in 0.1 seconds

Really? I thought 0.1s was the same or similar to some previous arenas I remembered. If deltatime is increased, then would that make building slower? That would make it harder for people to change their towers from one type to another, which I think would be less good, since it makes some more complex behaviors less possible.

One bug noticed: Shockwave misses monsters who are very close to the hero/base.

Ah yes, upon closer inspection the deltaTime in previous arenas are 0.1s(except Lava Lake in which they vary), somehow my memory made me thought that they were 0.5s

Do you have a match link for the shockwave bug?

Also, previously, shockwave will still show its visual appearance even though nothing was hit ( mana not enough), however now they will not show, that could be what’s happening here, not enough mana.

I think between around 12s and 16s or so.

We are using dt for about 0.1 seconds to increase the simulation’s speed. We won’t use dt greater than this, maybe vice versus.

We make documentation run on Monday or Tuesday and write it down with examples.
As for 'the statement execution limit," its probably because you have an infinite loop in your code – give your nickname, please, or a spectate link to the match where it happens.

As for questions feel free to rely on Venneth – he is the full representative here and CodeCombat team member, plus I think he knows arena numbers better than me as for this season :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems like the monsters aren’t approaching the base at that timeframe, probably because of the recent update, if you find another example of it happening feel free to put it here.

Oh, ya and when I battle VennethCC, it just stoped: