“Farmers Feud” Bugs and Feedback

added them with hero.move(place) thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

Only the challenge arenas (like Colossus Clash, Tundra Towers, Sandstorm Blitz, Lava Lake, and Equinox) count for prizes, regular season arenas do not.
Please be on topic next time

Mist still seems a bit off. When the opponent has a mist on the top 3 rows (7,8,9), it is reported as a mist with row 7 in findMists…

when you use hero.mist(type,row), it will create 3/2 rows of mists, centered at the row you gave to the method.
So if you use hero.mist("garden",8), and do hero.findMists(), that method will return 3 mists objects, each with the row, 7,8,9, each mist object represents one row of mist, the mist objects in the hero.findMists() array will be ordered from the lowest row first, up to the highest.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense, although it was confusing at first. I guess otherwise it becomes very problematic to represent the state of things when there are partial overlaps.

1 Like

Hello, guys.

Thought_was_error_here...

Was just reading about the patch-notes in the documentary, and have found out that there’s an error, saying about poison doesn’t exist for " MISTS."

Screenshot 2023-05-15 12.37.56
Could anybody please help here??
Thanks, ( relying on Venneth to fix this )

( NVM. ) had noticed my mistake, how do you make the " poison effect turn-on?

I looked at all of my losses the last few times I’ve submitted (20 or so losses) using the “Spectate” link, and watching the link I win each time (have the higher score and it prints out I win at the end). I switched from Python to JavaScript to see if that might make a difference and help me see errors in the console, but there don’t seem to be any errors. Is there any way to debug what’s going on with the matches?

I had an issue a short time ago where my submitted code was having issues depending on the computer I was spectating on, which seemed to be addressed if I went to direct.codecombat.com. The console showed it was because I was using hero.move(). So I think it’s possible for simulations to be running with an older version of the arena which can lead to differences in result. Just my guess though.

Surprisingly, it went away after a more recent submission of my code.

Thanks for the info - that makes sense about different arena code being used for some of the simulations. I don’t use hero.move() - didn’t realize that was a thing. I think there must have been some bug in the arena code with clearing a cell at one point. I just resubmitted the same code with a whitespace difference, and I’m not seeing any of the incorrect losses now.

The fact that a new submission fixes it for both our cases makes me wonder if there is some minimum version or timestamp associated with each submission to ensure that it runs against a sufficiently new version of arena code for it, but that it is being set a little too old.

Sad i coudnt participate in equinox cause of studies :frowning:

I’m not sure if you are still looking for changes that could be made, but I think poison is too powerful right now leading to not many useful misting strategies. A few ideas:

1. Cells next to full rivers negate poison so they return their normal income.
  2. Poison only applies to the row targeted and not three rows. Maybe the other two rows just negate the mist so they return their normal income (remove those two rows of mists from the list of mists)?
  3. Duration of poison mist is half the duration of a beneficial mist, so you can’t poison rows for the full duration of the other player’s mist.

Love the new rain. Is there any thought to using rains offensively?

hero.findRains() gives an error on blue “Reference error: mist is not defined”

Oop, should be fixed, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedbacks! We will discuss them to see which ones would be a good addition to the arena.

can you make it so you can see what square your enemy is on

After further discussion, added with hero.findWorkerPlace()! Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

but how do you get the enemy worker’s place?

hero.getEnemyHero().getWorkerPlace()