[Guide] Level Editor

How can I make the length of my level (in time) longer?

Go to systems->existence->lifespan

2 Likes

@Chaboi_3000, I’ve created a level, but my friends can’t play it. Please, can you tell me what’s wrong?
Here is a link to the level:

1 Like

For me, it works well.

1 Like

Have you published the level? Because it must be published in order for others to be able to play it.

Andrei

1 Like

Yep Andrei’s correct. Before you save the level, make sure to check the Publish checkbox so it’s released publicly.

2 Likes

Does it work now?

2 Likes

I want to ask a question:
How to make sure that if the position of my hero is equal to a certain number, then coins/enemies/friends will appear in a certain place?

1 Like

How about something like this:

if player.pos.x == here.pos.x and player.pos.y == here.pos.y
    game.spawnXY("gold-coin", there.pos.x, there.pos.y)
else
    game.spawnXY("gold-coin", 60, 40)

This example is not meant to be either PY or JS specific, it’s just kind of an outline.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I don’t know where should I write it.

1 Like

The level that you created is very laggy, try to delete some of its elements so us will have less lag, ok?

Andrei

2 Likes

Well, that all depends on the code you are writing. Some folks use ‘timerChecks’…these might be a good place.

3 Likes

Maybe I can do, that if you’ve killed door, enemy appear, I think, if I do that, it won’t be so laggy.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know where it is. Is it in Scripts, or in Settings?

1 Like

If used, these will be somewhere in the code that you’ve written. It’s not system code, it 's user code that you write.

5 Likes

How do you rotate?
I am confused.

One way is to a right-click on a thang and chooses a direction (there are buttons with arrows).
Another one is to get into a thang, find Physical component, change rotation parameter

2 Likes

how can ymake something talk

How to we expand existence in level editor

Finished updating the guide. Let me know if there are any questions regarding level design :+1: