How do I change the programming languages?

Hello, I’d like to start learning a new programming language (javascript).
I started to learn the programming language - python, and after a while I tried to go to javascript and study it as well, and found that all the tasks / levels I went through in Python were saved and I want to start learning from the beginning the programming language - javascript.
At the same time, I want to keep all the tasks / levels that I went through in the programming language - python will be preserved and will not reset.

Sincerely: golDBaki

1 Like

Let me get this straight… you want to start over using a different language but don’t want to lose the progress you’ve made? Is this correct? If so, you may want to consider opening another account. Anything you change in each level will save the latest changes and thus lose the progress you made in Python. If you are a subscriber, just terminate your subscription to the current account and subscribe to the new account. If you aren’t a subscriber then it’s even easier. Just start a new account.

I want to do the same thing. I have a lifetime subscrition, and if I open a new account, I’d have to make a new subscription for that one.
Also if I cancel the subscription for the old one, won’t that delete any of my previous Python data?

To clarify: I was referring to monthly subscriptions. Not sure if you even can cancel a lifetime sub. Anyway, somewhere around the middle of Backwoods Forest I started taking screen shots of every completed level. I printed it all in color on quality paper and put it in a three ring binder for the teacher at my daughter’s school. Unfortunately, she got a better offer at another school and left so the school was left with no technology teacher so it was a waste of time and money, but I digress. I also have a pastebin account where I save often used code snips. Other than screen-shotting every level or copying to a text file or word doc, there exists no other way (that I know of) to save progress in one language if you want to reset and redo CoCo in another language.

FYI: Right around Thanksgiving holiday every year, pastebin offers a ridiculously cheap lifetime subscription rate for a Pro account of $19.99. It’s the best $20 bucks I’ve ever spent.

1 Like

For the moment, I’m just gonna create a second, free account and start from scratch there with Javascript. But in another topic, @nick seemed pretty committed to implementing a possibility to have multiple languages in the same account, with progress saved separately for each. Then again, that was four and half year ago, so I’m not optimistic about it…

when you play, there is a heroes button when you choose your level.the button is at the bottom.just click on it and you just choose javascript!