Congrats! You have successfully completed this guide:
It’s time to start “hacking”…
You’ve probably got the hang of the terminal and want to do more. Here’s how to start:
- Go to GitHub and log into your account.
- Go to the CodeCombat Repository and fork it.
- You should have a “clone” of CodeCombat’s repository, and it’s probably named something like: username/codecombat-1. (See my forked repo)
- Go to terminal.
- Type in
git clone https://github.com/username/codecombat-1(Replace
usernamewith your GitHub one.)
npm run proxy
(Optional) Create a new terminal window(Don’t close current one) and type in
npm run webpack -- --watch
- Go to localhost:3000. It should be running and ready for you to start “hacking” CodeCombat.
- Wow! You are a fast learner! Great job! You can now start changing files in your “forked repository” and update the repository in Git to see your changes in action!