Selling Unwanted Items

The game has changed a lot since my first post. At the time, there were only a handful of the current levels and none that were repeatable. The added levels gave us enough gems to get back in the game.

This issue still exists, which is disappointing given that the original topic is more than a year old. It may be possible to get additional gems now, but this is frustrating for kids trying to learn to code who want to progress with their currently level and have spent all their gems.

In my case, I suggested buying the most expensive sword they could afford (which I thought would be more economic in the long run). Turns out, the level does not permit using that. So now they are stuck at a level they cannot complete. An easy solution to at least avoid part of the problem would be to not show items in the shop until you have access to at least one level that permits using that item. A preview of whether or not you will be allowed to use an item before buying it would also be very useful.

3 Likes

I know it’s been almost 2 years since someone replied, and 3 years since the topic was made, but is the selling item function almost done?

sigh @Seojin_Roy_Lee probably not any time soon.

They said it’s on top of their list 3 years ago. And it’s not done yet.

Chances are that:

1. It got put further down the list
  2. It’s very hard to code
  3. The devs forgot about it
  4. The devs are all on vacation
  5. Devs are focusing on other stuff

Yeah probably one of the above.

2 Likes

It’s going to be 1, 2, 4(0.125 of them) and 5, on heroes.

? what do you mean? (20. chars)

All I see in this thread are people complaining about something that’s free not providing enough free stuff. Really? How about supporting Code Combat by purchasing some gems? Five minutes and twenty lousy dollars later you could be unstuck. Don’t have 20 dollars? Go do some chores and earn it. 20 dollars is not much and could be easily earned in an afternoon. Can’t get your parents to use a credit card? Then tell them all you want for your birthday/Christmas/whatever holiday is a chance to learn programming.

There isn’t another game in existence where you don’t eventually reach a point that you cannot progress further or remain competitive unless you start spending money. At least with this one, you actually learn something useful.

4 Likes

Christmas and New Year has a 3 day difference each.

Actually, I just paid for the subscription for 100 dollars (sweet!) and I just got a bunch of new, better stuff than the stuff that I already had. Do you think you could code in the game something to at least get rid of your items for half price? Or even nothing? Because now I have a bunch of clutter that I don’t need that’s making my inventory difficult to manage.

1 Like

But I still recommend selling items.

You can complete this level with less than 200 hp.
Mine is 193 hp.
Just don’t rush at enemy to prevent death and u should counter a shaman and 1 ogre.get heal that kill shaman that at last ogre

Yeah,but still some repeatable levels get hard and mabye u still have got sticker but the armors
Most of them gets a lot more hard than last stage

you just gotta change your technique, I’m on the siege of stonehold
With items that i got for free

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! This is a family-friendly place where coders can share bugs, ask for help on any CodeCombat level (don’t forget to post your code correctly), or just hang out with other coders. But before you proceed, please check out our guidelines: this topic.
Have a great time! :partying_face:

We could change our techniques…but nearly everyone wants to be able to sell items.

2 Likes

finally someone talk here again

1 Like

from @enPointe77 Maybe you can do about 2 levels to test it, and if you don’t like it you can sell it for full price. But after 2 levels, you can sell it for half the price.

But this offer is only for the first time you buy.You still can sell it with full price by not using it in stage after the first time u buy.
You cant sell free stuff or a limited stuff(such as holy sword)

1 Like

huh if the parents dont let them buy even for a birthday or whatever holiday so they cant
ofc i want subscription! but im not allowed to buy that so
im not allowed to spend money on this kind of things

1 Like

Selling would be very nice right now because I accidentally bought a flag for 900 GEMS!!! AAAAAAHHHH! sniffle I hate buying things on accident.

2 Likes

same.i really hate it.
i also accidentally brought some useless thing before

1 Like

until now the devs still haven do things about selling item but still they are planning for a long time yeah its not easy to code it
this is what @nick said: It’s still on the roadmap somewhere, but I can’t expect to do it soon

1 Like