Siege of Stonehold - enemies are revived - bug?

I’ve been struggling to finish this level, but it seems to be impossible without paying for subscription and unlocking characters with ranged weapons. The main problem which has not been covered in earlier topics is that all emenies are revived every 15 or 20 seconds, so it is impossible to kill them completely. The only way to stop this is to kill the boss but he is floating in the air so non-ranged weapons cannot get him. There is no way to control archers that I have found so it is not possible to lure them to him to kill him.

Bug?

That is odd. The enemies are not revived for me. I didn’t have to kill Thoktar, just ignored him and won anyway.

I’ve beat that level with Tharin, 204hp and only 10 lines of code. Use flags to prevent your hero from running against an enemy squad alone, and cleave when you can.

Sorry, we had a bug for about a day where Thoktar would revive all the ogres, making the level unwinnable as you say. I fixed it yesterday, but it can take up to 24 hours for the worldwide data cache to clear, so you probably are seeing the old code. You might also try clearing your browser cache; sometimes that helps getting the new version sooner. Or play on http://direct.codecombat.com/, which doesn’t have that caching layer.

Yep, looks like it was a temporary bug. After I have refreshed the page recently the dead enemy corpses are still kinda shaken every 15-20 seconds but then they instantly drop back on the ground :smiley: looks strange but does not interfere with gameplay.

The “dead corpses shaking” (actually, it just replays the death animation for all dead corpses in the game world simultaneously) happens for me as well, I believe it is some issue with the server synchronization code.
Perhaps @nick has an idea of what the real cause would be?

It has to do with the world state streaming code; I haven’t been able to track it down yet. Nothing to do with the server, actually, as the simulation happens on the client, not the server.

Oh, that’s good to know.
I haven’t peeked in the simulation code yet, will take a look once I finish fixing the Aether bugs I’m working on.