(SOLVED) Simulation Problems

Hi,
I’m new to Codecombat and I seem to have a problem with the simulations. Along with a few questions. It shows that I have completed 133 simulations but on the achievements page, it shows I have only done 27.

A few questions too:
If I enter a code, how do I format it?
My simulations take a while, like 1 and a half of a minute for each one. Is this normal?

Thanks for your time!

I have also tried the sound strick on the top right.

Uh, if you have 133 simulations, they should take a lot faster, because I have like a thousand, and each game only takes like 10 or 20 seconds. Is your computer fast? That might have something to do.
You format your code by clicking the little </> sign near the top of where you are typing to format your code, and on the achievements page, you may have to try a trick mentioned in the topic where it is mentioned: Simulation problem. This topic has been discussed before, so I recommend you got to one of the previous topics.

Thanks!
(Post must be at least 20 characters)

1 Like

My computer isn’t fast but isn’t slow either. Here is a picture of the problem (my simulations grew a bit.

03 PM
I really need those gems for armor for the level I am on. (Keeping Time, Sarven Desert)

One tip: save your gems. Save up for the best armor and sword there is. I suggest getting a god sword (not Runesword. Never buy that) like Sword of the Temple Guard, before u get god armor.

1 Like

i was going to get the “Edge of Darkness” good right? I already have 1771 gems. if the simulations would have worked i would have had about 3500…

its being Preeety slow… i only got 8 simulations in 31 minutes…

actually, simulations only give a little bit of gems, i have simulated over 19000 games and i only got 1000 gems, it looks like you didn’t understand exactly how simulation rewards work (don’t worry, i didn’t understand it at the first time, too), the equation for rewards is 20*(simulations^0.4), but you get the difference only, in other words, if you simulated 1000 games for example, which equals to 316 gems, then you simulated 100 more games, which means that the total is 1100, which means 329 gems, you will only get 329-316 = 13 gems for that extra 100 simulations

ok, Thanks. I think I get it now! But still, some gems would have helped.

so right now i have 19696 simulations, which equals to 1044 gems, if i would simulate until i reach a total of 40000 simulations, which equals to 1386 gems, i will only get 1386 - 1044 = 342 extra gems.

1 Like

not really, you had only 602 simulations, which equals to 258 gems

oh… wow. thats not a lot actually.

1 Like

no it isn’t normal, my simulations takes from 3 to 15 seconds, maybe 20 seconds at most, maybe because i have 8 gigabytes of ram and a core i5 7th gen

yeah, and if you want to buy the enameled dragon plate helmet, which is the most expensive thing a non-subscriber can buy (it costs 6600 gems), you will need a total of 1,978,267 simulations (nearly 2 million) to get 6600 gems to buy it

hmm. That’s not a lot, actually! XD
Simulation is just not the way to go to earn gems. Gems are useless in the end if you’re a non-subscriber (like me)
i have 43k gems with nothing to do with them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Already bought all the best of best stuff, whether its flags, armor, sword, shield, etc.

i know, i have nearly 24000 gems and i am not subscribed, so they are useless, but i didn’t buy the most expensive shield and helmet because they are useless, they have a really low health to cost ratio

i know, but nick described simulations as a way to get a piece of gear that you need

Simulating kills your computer. NOT COOL! :frowning:

2 Likes