Storm Siege Bugs and Feedback

I’ve noticed that when I summon units at points A and B, they tend to move towards the top instead of the middle. When I look at what they are targeting, it shows up as the enemy hero, so it seems like there may be a bug with their path finding.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 9.06.32 AM

As shown in this screenshot, the bottom soldier is moving towards the top, when he is closer to the middle. Strangely, this does not seem to happen for archers, although I have seen it happen with shamans. Perhaps it is related to the speed of the units?

May I Ask That is it correct If The Scores of Both The Human And The Ogre Side are the same? (What I’ve seen)

For some reason, this match is incorrectly coming up as a tie. Has anyone else seen this bug?

It happens I can not explain ask someone else but it is nothing to worry about

This might be the same thing, but it also might be because I won literally at the last millisecond. (It’s probably the latter)

I propose that the match times be extended to four minutes in order to reduce the number of tied matches. Due to the ability to heal one’s own hero, the matches can go on for longer than three minutes. Alternatively, the winner could be decided by who has the most health at the end of the three minutes.

Hello, thank you for the suggestion! We updated the arena with tiebreaks now, if the time has gone past 3 minutes, the winner will be determined by the most health, otherwise it will be a coin flip, we do plan to add more win conditions if both of the players health are still the same after the timeout to reduce luck being the deciding factor.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

2 Likes

It looks like it works fine for people who submitted scores after the change; but any scores submitted before mess it up somehow:

Screenshot from 2023-10-30 08-53-10
I was at almost full health and my opponent was very low; but it set me to 0 health while still displaying it as a win in the match, but a tie in the actual scores.

• just an example; there are a couple other matches that it happens in.

Occasionally, a match that I won shows up as a loss. This might be a result of the scoring change, but it does not happen very often (about 1 match in every 90 matches).

Should be fixed, thanks for the reports! Please mention if they do occur again,
We also made the tower’s sudden death rate increase after a determined time has passed, feel free to give feedback on these changes.

Once again, thanks!

1 Like

Idk what happened here but on the Snowhold leaderboard, the “first” place speedy ostriches only got 42 games simulated, and presumably not against any top players, because speedy ostriches’s code doesn’t stand up to any top players.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that. It’s really dumb. But oh well. Not much we can do about it. XD

When I try to use the .lifespan property for the forces, it says “Can’t read protected property: lifespan”

This should be fixed, thanks for the report!

1 Like