When did you start?

When did you start Codecombat

I started in fifth grade for coding homework

I started about 2 and a half years ago with the account ā€œtharin33ā€, then I stopped for about a year and then I rediscovered it and have been doing it (with a subscription) for about 1 and a half years (I started again with a new account: Deadpool198). About 4 months ago I finished all the levels. :cry:
:lion: :lion: :lion:
P.S. what about you?

I started around five to six years ago playing anonymously(There was a lot of bugs), and created my account around two years after starting. I joined this forum after subscribing and has enjoyed this coding platform and finished all levels around two years ago. I decided to challenge myself by creating my own level that I have to solve, allowing me to push further.

I started in 2013. I joined the forum in 2015

I found CodeCombat Dec 2018 and got a lifetime subscription right away. Over Christmas break I introduced my nephew to it, but since Iā€™m not there to help him through it, I donā€™t think he has continued playing. Work was hectic the first few months this year so I didnā€™t play much, but I have been keeping up regularly for the last 2 months. I was up to Kelvintaph Glacier with Python, but decided to completely restart with JavaScript, since CoffeeScript isnā€™t quite ready for all the levels. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

2 Likes

There are many levels that are not completed for CoffeeScript.

1 Like

i started at 2017
(20 years later)

February 9, 2020! And itā€™s SUPER addictive!

Thanks for a great concept, educational model, and fun hang! Yay!

2 Likes

I started Jan 12, 2020. I decided to complete all of the free levels first, and then subscribed. Iā€™m now about half way through Glacierā€™s subscriber levels.

I joined the forum the same day I started CoCo, as Python was completely new to me and I definitely needed help getting started. Thanks to every one for the passive (prior posts) and active (responses to my questions) assistance!

1 Like

I started in 2015 and stopped for 2 years then came back

1 Like

i started in 2010 and joined the forum this year

1 Like

@Chaboi_3000

enemy = hero.findNearest(hero.findEnemies())
hero.moveXY(60, 72)
if enemy:
    hero.attack(enemy)
else:
    pass

hero.moveXY(64, 24)
if enemy:
    hero.attack(enemy)
else:
    pass

hero.moveXY(88, 60)
if enemy:
    hero.attack(enemy)
    ready = hero.isReady("cleave")
    hero.cleave(enemy)
else:
    pass

could you guys help me please it it hunting party

Please donā€™t ask for help in two (or three!) locations. It really wonā€™t get you help any faster or from more people, I promise. :slight_smile:
Danny

but i really need help on this level and i cant move on until this level is complete

Iā€™m sure you need to do it, thatā€™s not what Iā€™m disputing. But as i said, posting in multiple locations will not get you help any faster! So it doesnā€™t matter whether completing the level is the most important thing in the whole world, thereā€™s not point making multiple posts.
Thanks
Danny

Hi,
I am struggling to cross Alpine Rally and Mountain Mercenaries. Tried almost everything with in my capacity.(which is not very high). Even tried few from the help section. Even then it didnt work. Need a solution kindly.
Thanks.
Saleheen

Hi Saleheenā€¦if you need help with a specific level, please check for prior posts regarding that level. If still stuck, create a new topic, explaining the issue you are having and include screenshots of any errors you might be seeing. Be sure to post your code, properly formatted, tooā€¦you can learn how to do this, here: [Essentials] How To Post/Format Your Code Correctly

Hi,
I tried to improvise by taking 2 coders code. I could not make use of mana-blast.
invis = -5
while True:
if (hero.now() - invis > 4):
if (hero.canCast(ā€˜hasteā€™, self)):
hero.cast(ā€˜hasteā€™, self)
if (hero.canCast(ā€˜invisibilityā€™, self)):
hero.cast(ā€˜invisibilityā€™, self)
invis = hero.now()

self.moveXY(self.pos.x + 105, 34)
    if hero.isReady("haste"):
        hero.cast("haste", self)
    if hero.isReady("reset-cooldown"):
        hero.resetCooldown("haste")
        continue

Sorry, by new topic, I mean a whole new thread. You start a new one from the main page: