Which item should I get : Worn Dragonplate or Sword of the Forgotten?

try using the daily polls, they give a lot. being an adventurer helps, too

Attack damage is how much damage you deal with a single attack to a single target. In order to know how fast you attack, divide your weapon’s DPS by its attack damage and you get how many attacks you can do per second.

With Runesword, you attack less than once per second. With the Sword of the Forgotten, you can do two attacks per second (if there are enemies close enough to you). Both swords are strong enough to one-hit most enemies, so with SotF you can attack and kill two different enemies in the time it takes to deliver one attack to one enemy with the Runesword.

Oh, by the way, when I said the Sword of the Forgotten could kill 4 enemies in the time it takes to kill one enemy with the Runesword, I was actually thinking about the Sword of the Temple Guard (which does about 3.8 attacks per second) instead of the Forgotten’s sword. My bad, guys. :sweat_smile:

Still, the Sword of the Forgotten is over two times faster than Runesword, so it is still a better choice. It also has a special effect that pushes enemies away, so it is really helpful when you are fighting several strong enemies as you can push them away and deal with fewer enemies at a time, taking less damage in the process.

good idea. but how do i use this.attackdamage(); ?

The attackDamage property is not a function, it is a number that corresponds to the amount of damage you deal with each attack.

In my opinion, its usefulness is rather limited, but you can use it in some more complex strategies. For instance, let’s say you have a shield with the bash ability, and the bash deals more damage than your normal attacks. You likely don’t want to waste your bash (which has a very long cooldown) with enemies that would immediately die with a regular attack. So you can write:

var enemy = this.findNearest(this.findEnemies());
if (enemy) {
  // Don't waste bash on enemies that have less health than a regular attack
  if (this.isReady('bash') && enemy.health > this.attackDamage) {
    this.bash(enemy);
  } else {
    this.attack(enemy);
  }
}

Of course, this is just one use case. I believe you can be more creative and incorporate it in your strategies, but it doesn’t seem particularly useful for most of CodeCombat in my opinion.

I got by for a very, very, very long time with just a Long Sword and whatever mission-reward gear I could find/earn without spending gems. After that, I saved up until I could afford the Painted Breastplate, which is very cost-efficient in terms of health/gems.