[Idea] Volcano World Name

Hi!! Nick, our dear leader of code, proposed that we should “open ideas to what the new name should be.” What do you think it shall be called? I suggest maybe:

Hatakwa Moutains
Lava Temple
Temple of Fire
The Scorchfire Mountains… among other names.

What do u guys think??

Total List:

Sintako falls

Oricanhuta rock

Blackrock seige

Kiconarima Volcano

Aaromarki dunes
Scorchfire Volcano
Ashfall Volcano
Cinderstorm Volcano
Firefall Volcano
Emberstorm Volcano
Temple of Fire
Firethirst Plateau
Darksteel Forge
Obsidian Vault
Ashfall Deeps
Tecton Scar
Firemarrow
Firefall Scorch
Draud’s Keep
Emberglow Volcano
Emberhail Volcano or Hailember Volcano
Embersalvo Volcano
Furore Volcano
Fury Volcano
Shellshock Volcano
Korona Volcano
Plumember Volcano

All right guy!! These r the names proposed so far. I would like 4 the leaders 2 see this list.

9 Likes

Hi Yariel,

I like “Scorchfire Mountains” most, though “Scorchfire Volcano” might fit better (after all there is already a mountain-area).

Lava-Temple and Temple-of-Fire are good level names though. I can work with that…

EDIT: May I borrow “Hatakwa Mountains” for a level?

2 Likes

Sure thing!!! I’ll see what other names I can come up with.

1 Like

Ok. So I have these names:
Firc Mountains
Mire Mountains
Corolt Mountain
Slire Mountains
Gaefarolt Plateu
Jinkgta Plateu
Moldova Mountains
Firethurst Mountains
If u guys don’t like any of these just let me know and I’ll think up of more names. Thx 4 letting me help!!

1 Like

Nice thread! Here are a few more ideas to stir the discussion :smile:

Darksteel Forge
Obsidian Vault
Ashfall Deeps
Tecton Scar
Firemarrow Kipuka
Cinderstorm Springs

2 Likes

Obsidian Vault is good since water and lava makes obsidian… Here r more:

Firefall Scorch
Draud’s Keep (as u can make a lvl w/a dragon called Draud or make him the main antagonist)
Pyro Valley
Ashoke Kingdom

1 Like

Option 1: Vulcan Volcano - Vulcan is the Roman God of fire from whose name the term ‘Volcano’ is derived.

Option 2: MonOlympus Volcano - ‘Olympus Mon’ discovered in 1971 is the the largest volcano of our solar system (on the Red Planet - Mars)

1 Like

Not getting quite warm with MonOlympus Volcano, kinda doesn’t fit the general theme. But that’s just my opinion.

Second Thought:
I like the names in the previous posts more because they are not that meaning-full, they just say what they are.
Firefall Scorch is a hot, dark-red-orange place with lava falls and Magma Slimes (sorry, too much Zelda).
Ashfall Deeps is a place with high mountain walls, dark and burned with almost no vision and a dark glow from mysterious caves.
MonOlympus Volcano is a really tall mountain (or in this case volcano) where the gods live (I first linked that name to the Olympus, the home of the greek goods), but that is already with some background knowledge ect. It just don’t work in my personal head-canon of CodeCombat.

I don’t want to say that your names are bad, but I cannot see them work in-game. But then again I’m only a forum-user. Thanks for your contribution nonetheless.

1 Like

Wait. I got more:

Firc Mountains
Mire Mountains
Corolt Mountain
Slire Mountains
Gaefarolt Plateu
Jinkgta Plateu
Moldova Mountains
Firethurst Mountains

1 Like

Well, Mountain has already been used, so that probably rules most of them out.

1 Like

Well, I used Plateu in some of them.

1 Like

More options/ideas with names with not deep accurate meaning but general flavour of Volcano:

Option 3: Emberglow Volcano
Option 4: Emberstorm Volcano (although ‘storm’ can be saved for another world, level, etc)
Option 5: Emberhail Volcano or Hailember Volcano
Option 6: Embersalvo Volcano
Option 7: Furore Volcano
Option 8: Fury Volcano
Option 9: Shellshock Volcano [this has another meaning, namely related to Software bugs - so in case this world has emphasis on some debugging, better name. Maybe be copyright violations?]
Option 10: Korona Volcano (mispelled the word corona intentionally)
Option 11: Plumember Volcano [combined ‘plume’ and ‘ember’, doesn’t really go well. EmberPlume?]

Cheers

2 Likes

I like Something Volcano names the best, since you can have a descriptive flavor name, yet it’s clear that it’s a volcano (which is what the campaign slug will be, like dungeon, forest, desert, mountain, glacier, volcano). Favorites so far:

• Scorchfire Volcano
  • Ashfall Volcano
  • Cinderstorm Volcano
  • Firefall Volcano
  • Emberstorm Volcano

Some of these would be good for level names inside the volcano world:

• Temple of Fire
  • Firethirst Plateau
  • Darksteel Forge
  • Obsidian Vault
  • Ashfall Deeps
  • Tecton Scar
  • Firemarrow
  • Firefall Scorch
  • Draud’s Keep
2 Likes

I’ll see what else I can come up with. Hey Nick, I would like to recommend something for a lvl. You can make a lvl w/a Dragon and make that be a mini-boss. It would be fun and cool. What do u think??

1 Like

It would be fun to make a dragon, except I think that with the current way we draw sprites, the performance would start to become terrible with an animated sprite that was very large and detailed like that. I’ll have to think of some other way to do it.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh… Thx 4 considering anyways!!! Btw, it doesn’t have 2 be 2 big. Just make it as big as it needs 2 be.

1 Like

Sintako falls

Oricanhuta rock

Blackrock seige

Kiconarima Volcano

Aaromarki dunes

1 Like

One suggestion for a hypothetical Volcano Level. Make a very difficult level in the Volcano world (like the ‘Lost Viking’ but more crazy). On completion and only on its completion…unveil a super powerful sword (or any other item) that will surely come in handy (but not necessary, or perhaps necessary only for Warrior category hero) later on. This is a special weapon forged in the heart of the volcano/ in the belly of the dragon sleeping (Volcano World Boss) inside the volcano. This also ties in with plans to unveil a better sword: Best Sword for Warrior

2 Likes

What’s AoE???

1 Like

(A)rea (o)f (E)ffect

1 Like