Need better gear? Earn gems for simulating games

Where did all my simulations go?
I was wondering why my simulation gems hadn’t proc’d yet, and checked my count of simulated games. It says I have 10,000. That’s about 30,000 shy of what it should be.

7 Likes

@Inrideo Did you simulate 30,000 of those games last week? I might have lost that when we had to restore a handful of User objects from a backup. I’ve added 30K simulated games back to your total now.

6 Likes

Yep, that would explain it. It was the day I posted about simulating on all cores. Thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Got the achievement for them :smiley: Didn’t get the coins. :scream:
C’est la vie :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You will get the gems and exp for it updated one in every 10 times your User object is saved, so play some levels (or just twiddle your volume setting a bunch of times) to get it to recalculate your simulation gems.

5 Likes

Ah, there we go. I’d clicked and clicked earlier before posting, but it required a new login session :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So @nick, is the next step of this process us tapping into a server farm, and running Code Combat on a massive RAID array, with thousands of cores, just for gem farming? :wink:

BitCombat

6 Likes

Hey, sounds good to me!

10 Likes

agreed my good sir!

(twenty post thingy)

7 Likes

How many gems do you get per simulation.

7 Likes

You realize that this thread is over seven months old. Leave the dead resting, please…

In response to your question, has it occurred to you that the formula for this is inside the topic post? Maybe you should read it.

7 Likes

Now that we revived the dead, here is a little table for the newbies:

|   games   |   gems   |
| simulated | received |
|-----------|----------|
|       100 |      126 |
|       200 |      167 |
|       500 |      240 |
|     1 000 |      317 |
|     2 000 |      418 |
|     5 000 |      603 |
|    10 000 |      796 |
|    20 000 |    1 051 |
|    50 000 |    1 516 |
|   100 000 |    2 000 |
|   200 000 |    2 639 |
|   500 000 |    3 807 |
| 1 000 000 |    5 024 |
| 2 000 000 |    6 629 |
| 5 000 000 |    9 564 |

Happy simulating!

9 Likes

Thank you very much.

6 Likes

Okay so right now I have 3 tabs I think going at simulating all at once. When do I get the gems and XP? Is it when I go back to the game? I just want to make sure my three tabs are actually helping me. (Not that I doubt it, though.)

Thank you!

5 Likes

@GamerNerd_i The “Simulated ladder games” achievement is updated in-game sometimes when making requests to the server. The quickest way to update it is to tweak the game volume a few times.

As a suggestion/feature request, perhaps an “Update achievements” or “Recalculate achievements” button in the achievements modal could be useful. Or, perhaps, automatically update the achievements when (re)loading the game. Maybe @nick already has a plan to make this more intuitive.

5 Likes

For now, you can recalculate your achievements by clicking the speaker button on the top right corner approximately ten times.

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity… Is there a limit to the number of computers you could be running this on at once? It would probably be limited by the number of different computers you could have logged in at a time.

5 Likes

I guess you’re free to put all your computing power to simulate games :slight_smile: Just watch out for crashes:

6 Likes

I can do up to 2PCs, and 4 browsers, haven’t tried more, Microsoft Edge does not crash.

5 Likes

What!! Power of 0.4??? Can’t we do 0.5 or .6?

5 Likes